Monday, January 26, 2009

New Yarn, New Project


A couple weeks ago, I rented The Other Boleyn Girl from the library. The story was interesting, but I really fell in love with the costumes. Near the end of the movie, Anne wears a beautiful yellow snood; as soon as I saw it, I decided that it was time for me to knit myself a slouchy yellow hat.


I really liked the fern glade pattern from the new issue of Knitty, and thought it would be a perfect match. So began my search for yellow yarn. After a few unfruitful searches, it dawned on me that I could just knit it in white yarn and dye the finished hat. I quickly (and happily!) ordered two balls of Rowan Silk Wool DK in Milk, a nice white color.
The weather has turned cold again after a two week heat wave, so I will be ready for a warm hat. I'm thinking this will be a good project to keep me occupied during the Super Bowl and something to work on when my wrists need a break from knitting with cotton.

No comments: